Hey People! Are you suffering from astigmatism? Is your vision poor and is your eye health deteriorating? You must be considering treatment, that’s obvious. But then, there are a few exercises you can do to help cope with the ailment and accelerate the recovery.
Do you know that you can improve your vision and see more clearly and without the use of glasses or contact? How just taking vitamins, get good nutrition, and the practice of some eyes exercises! Are you interested in knowing what they are? Then you must give this post a thorough read.
Eye Exercises And Eye Health – A Brief:
If you enjoy reading or if your job entails working for long hours in front of the computer, we completely understand how difficult it must be for you to deal with bad vision. Even though your doctor has given you a decent prescription and told you about the operation you should undergo soon, there is a third alternative you could try – eye exercises. Though these exercises may not improve your vision completely, they allow the condition to find quick healing. Here are some exercises you should consider.
1.Relaxation Of The Muscles:
This exercise targets the rectus muscles and works to increase their level of relaxation. It’s a simple exercise and consists of taking scheduled breaks from activities such as reading or working on your computer.
- Bring your thumb out and place it in front of your nose. Make sure there is at least a distance of 10 cm between your thumb and nose.
- You can move the thumb slowly upwards to such a height where you may not be able to see it. Stop it there and let it stay for two seconds approx.
- You will definitely begin to feel the tension of your muscles at this minute. Bring back your thumb to the first position very slowly. When you are moving backwards, your muscles should be feeling relaxed by now.
This exercise is quite helpful, especially for those people who are suffering from severe astigmatism. It will help restore the natural shape of the lens. Here is a quick idea on how you should go about it.
- Place both your fingers on the top of your closed eyelids.
- Make sure the pressure is very gentle and doesn’t cause much pain to the eye.
- You can continue to move your eyes from left to right, up and down, clockwise and anticlockwise.
- Each set of movements should be repeated 10 times.
- You should make small range movements that are gentle.
- The duration of this exercise should be about a minute.
- The eye strain should also be medium.
3.Library Science Exercise:
This exercise is actually quite fun and interesting if you look at it. It can be done during any time of the day and should be continued till your eyes are feeling little strained.
- Start off without any corrective lens.
- You could also begin by reading some kind of text book.
- Next, bring your gaze towards an entirely different object; for example, a playing card.
- Go back to the text you were reading at first and continue reading.
- You could switch to a different object and focus on that for a brief moment.
- Do this for a couple of minutes till your eyes become tired.
This exercise should be done as you breathe in a slow and relaxed manner in order to achieve the best results. How did you like this post? Have you tried these exercises earlier? Do you know someone with astigmatism? Do recommend this post to them and tell us the results in the comment box below.