5 Essentials Makeup Tips for Beginners.
When it comes to applying makeup it doesn’t always come easy or naturally to everyone. What step comes first? How much to apply of a product? Or what is even your signature every day or glammed up look? It takes some trial and error but having a few tips and tricks in your pocket can make applying makeup easier and fun! Khaos has worked out some essential tips to add to your daily routine for some of the more meticulous tasks.
Best Makeup Tips:
- Eyeliner: No matter what the event is, your liner can be a game-changer and you can control the thickness depending on the kind of look you want. The most difficult part of applying eyeliner is keeping a steady hand and keeping the line of each eye the same. Make sure to support your hand on your face or surface to help with those shaky hands!
-Use a slanted tip eyeliner brush: to help guide your line, first make a line with a pencil liner and then dip the brush into your preferred color and glide on and perfect the style.
-A fast and easy way to apply eyeliner is with a stamp or press on! Now you can find different colors and shapes to apply on your eyelids.
Best one we’ve found is Urban Decay’s 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil, it’s an ultra creamy pencil that allows you to glide on effortlessly – and comes in a variety of long lasting vibrant colors!
- Mascara: this is a must! We never leave our front door without mascara. This can literally change your look in seconds, giving you an instant pop.
A method that has always worked is to curl your lashes with a curler, keep your head straight, look down and curl your lashes outwards – literally curl your mascara wand as you apply. And don’t forget the lower lashes, they are equally important! Good Vibes Mascara by trèStiQue is highly recommended with zero flaking and smudging, this one will make your lashes look visibly longer and fuller. It is also a great one for on the go as it has a curler in it!
- Eyebrow Pencil: if you haven’t found your dream match of an eyebrow shaper tech or haven’t perfected keeping those eyebrows the same after waxing or plucking, we thankfully have pencils to help us out. You can shape your brows and fill them in where the hair is needed/wanted. trèStiQue Brown Pencil is the best all-in-one option, it defines, sculpts, and sets!
-Start off by brushing your eyebrows hairs upwards, this will reveal your brow’s natural shape.
-Use your pencil to fill in your brow line with light strokes to look like your natural eyebrow hairs. This will help fill in any gaps or places that need it.
-Comb your hair to remove an excess product and to help blend the pencil strokes.
-If you need reassurance that your eyebrows are going anywhere, use a clear or tinted eyebrow gel to set in place.
- Foundation: finding the right shade of foundation for your skin’s color and health can be a little tricky. One formulation can match your skin’s color perfectly but then dry your skin out or vice versa. One that never seems to fail is Fitglow Vita Active Foundation, it comes in so many shades to color match you but it also is a healthy way to nourish your skin with superfoods and essential vitamins. To find the perfect color, find one that you feel matches you the most and apply it on your jawline, your true skin tone here so always try to match this color. When you find your match, we find it best to apply with a sponge. Completely wet your sponge, squeeze out the excess water and pat a few times on a towel. Then dip your sponge in your foundation and tap/blend all over your face, the blending part is what takes the longest but the more you blend the more you end up with a flawless finish!
- Highlighter: concept of a highlighter is to give a beautiful glow and accentuate certain features of your face. If you don’t necessarily know how to apply it you could end up looking like a disco ball! Find a powdered highlighter that is a few shades lighter than your skin and with a fan brush apply on the highest points of your face like the tops of your cheekbones, eyebrow bones, cupid’s bow and the bridge of your nose. Make sure you avoid your T-Zone and oiler areas of your skin since it will only highlight them more. An absolutely favourite is Jouer Cosmetics Powder Highlighter,this creamy powder applies seamlessly to your complexion with a pearlescent and luxurious finish.