Do you ever feel conscious about that gruesome gaps in your teeth while conversing with a person or in a crowd? Getting dental implants could solve the problem! Dental veneers or porcelain laminates are very fine shells crafted for crooked or misshapen teeth. These implants are basically used to cover the front surface of the teeth in order to enhance your overall appearance and give you a fuller smile. Not only this, getting porcelain dental implants has various other benefits attached to it.
The shells of porcelain dental veneers are attached to the front surface of the teeth altering the color, shape, and size of the teeth. Generally, porcelain is used to make these veneers or implants, but various other materials such as resin compound. The main advantage of using porcelain veneers is that these have a higher resistance to stains in comparison to any other dental veneers. These can easily get adjusted with other teeth and can also be matched with the prevalent tooth color. It is recommended to consult a dental implants Long Island dentist if you wish to get porcelain dental implants. The dentist will perform a full analysis of your teeth by taking an X-Ray and will suggest you the best treatment for your teeth.
In order to get full porcelain dental implants, crowns need to be made. These can be made out of any material. Mostly the following materials are used to craft veneers:
- Lithium Disilicate
Choosing the right type of porcelain for your dental veneers and crowns is very important. Let your dentist decide the best treatment for your crooked teeth.
Procedure of getting porcelain dental veneers
Following is the procedure of getting porcelain dental veneers:
- Problem diagnosis: The first step in the process is the diagnosis of the problem. Consult your dentist if you wish to get porcelain dental veneers for your teeth. The dentist will examine your teeth closely and estimate the problem. He will take out an X-Ray of your mouth to study the structure of your teeth and suggest you the best available treatment. Openly discuss with your dentist the type of results that you want. He will suggest which material of porcelain veneers will be suitable.
- Treatment preparation: The preparation of the procedure will involve the removal of about ½ millimeter of enamel from the surface of the tooth. The veneers are of the same thickness as the tooth. The procedure will involve trimming of the enamel, the dentist will decide a numbing agent. The dentist will then take the impression of your teeth and send it to the laboratory. The laboratory will take approximately 3-4 weeks in constructing the veneers. Once the dentist will receive the veneers, you will be ready for the procedure.
- Tooth bonding: Before placing the dental veneers on your tooth, the dentist will check whether it fits the tooth perfectly or not. If the veneer is not of the perfect fit, it will be sent back to the laboratory with the alteration measurements. The veneers can also be trimmed and resized to match the other teeth. The dentist will first clean and polish the tooth on which the veneer has to be cemented. This will cause the tooth surface to become rough which is necessary for strong bonding. On completing the veneer positioning process, a light beam will be applied, this will activate the chemicals present in the cement of the veneers.
- Regular checkups: Once the whole process of positioning the porcelain dental veneers is done, the dentist will ask you to come for regular checkups.
Advantages of getting porcelain dental veneers
Dental veneers can certainly change the way you look. It will provide you the smile that you’ve ever wished for and the confidence that you thought you did not have. There are various advantages attached to porcelain dental veneers, some of which are mentioned below:
- They provide a natural looking smile
- Porcelain is a tooth friendly material, therefore, getting porcelain dental implants is not harmful for the body or the teeth
- Porcelain veneers do not stain easily
- The color of the porcelain veneers can be customized
- These are not harmful to the gum tissues
- These form a better option than any other dental veneer material
Success rate of porcelain dental veneers
The success rate of dental veneers is almost 95%. The success rate can reach up to 100% if the procedure is performed by an expert. The success rate highly depends on the health of the patient and the maintenance regime followed by them. Proper care has to be given if you want your dental implants to last longer. If there is any risk associated with giving a patient dental implants, the dentist will not recommend it.If you wish to treat your crooked teeth, porcelain dental implants is the ideal choice for you. Consult a dental implants expert in Long Island. The dentist will suggest you the best treatment for full mouth dental implants.