Memorable events can be conducted after a lot of intricate planning, with great organisational skills and good amount of resources. But when the purse strings are tied tight, you must invest very smartly after certain considerations.
You may have thought that there are no ways that you can organise an event at a very small budget, but it is possible. You will require patience and determination in this case, but you certainly won’t require raising your capital.
Coordinate your project strictly and be persistent and you will be able to create an event without making a dent in the pocket.
Here are a few tips that will help you to achieve it. Just take a look.
Budget Friendly Events Tips!
- Organise the Venue Early – The venue is probably the biggest items on your budget and it is quite critical for your event. Finding the right venue is already quite hard and with a limited budget it becomes even more challenging especially when you have to pay extra for the last-minute booking costs. So it is essential that you choose wisely after planning early and book at the earliest after carefully analysing the accessibility, location, dates and the type of venue. The off-season dates can be light on the pocket and so you should consider that. By choosing the less popular dates you can gain bargains with the space and the amenities. There are also certain creative methods of using a venue that can be pocket-friendly like choosing the balcony and the rooftops can greatly contribute towards massive money saving.
- Know the Attendees – If you are thinking of creating an event at a small budget then one of the tricks is that you must know the attendees inside out. If you have a clear idea about the demographics of your audience you will be able to spend precisely on marketing, plan more efficiently and attract those partners that can reduce the costs.
- Handle the Food and Beverage Costs Smartly – Until and unless yours is a culinary event, you do not need to make the food and beverages the highlight of the event. All you need is good food and that may not be fancy. You should think out of the box when you are investing less and avoid the conventional approaches to stay cost-effective. It can promote a way to stay healthy and conscious and it can be simple yet crowd-pleasing. Your job can be done by simple dishes like a falafel, a vegetarian pita and a salad bar. You can also add a little fun with cupcakes. If having liquors is a must you should choose some signature cocktails as opposed to having a full shelf. You should also setup a water station instead of distributing bottled water. These are some of the ways to save big on the food.
- Invite the Brand Partners and Sponsors and Create – If you are thinking of entertaining your guests on a budget you should consider the brand partners and the sponsors for help. Instead of asking for money you should have fun collaborating with interesting partners and making them run a fun activity. This is a win-win situation that won’t cost you much.
- Ideate Affordable Event Planning – When it comes to event planners and styling, remember that Pinterest is an ally of event planners. You should also get crafty and opt for the DIY tips prior to spending up big for the décor.
- Train the Volunteers -It can be a great idea to invest in an internship or a volunteer program. Unlike the interns, the volunteers can contribute greatly to the implementation of the event without adding to the cost. All they need are the right guidance and some access to key person in the management team in case something urgent comes up. It can also work out with good benefits like free entrance or access to the concerts, conference etc. This way they have privileged access as opposed to just being a regular attendee. Some tasks are much more specialised than others and should be handed over in the right way. As far as the interns are concerned, they look for e But they can contribute positively with whatever experience they have. So put them to good use.
The above are some of the budget-friendly tips that can help you to organise an event affordably. Apart from that, instead of purchasing the décor you can also go for bar hire and chair hire so that you can make your attendees comfortable without making a dent in pocket and make your event a success.