Summer season is here, and it’s time to wear skirts and shorts. Beaches are also open to the public, allowing you to wear your favorite bikini. But if you’re unhappy with the way your legs look, it will be uncomfortable to wear such clothes that expose your legs. Do not worry; we are here to help.
Effective Tips To Get Beautiful Legs
Use the tips below to get healthy yet beautiful legs and impress those around you.
1. Maintain A Nutritional Balance
When you do not have a good diet, it will be reflected not only in extra pounds but also in your body’s structure. A balanced diet is essential for beautiful legs without hints of cellulite. Limit your intake of saturated fats such as meat, cheese, butter, and fried foods, sugars, including sodas and salt.
Avoid drinking alcohol and consuming drugs, as they affect blood circulation. According to research, opiate addiction is related to weight gain. If you want pretty legs, you have to abandon addiction to these harmful substances.
Also, remember to drink enough water to maintain balance in your body and allow your cells to repair faster. It’s okay if your appetite changes due to the heat, but that doesn’t mean you have to eat one meal a day. Stock up on snacks, plan your menu for the week and eat in small portions.
2. Get Enough Minerals and Vitamins
The deficiency of the following vitamins and minerals can cause several problems. Thus, if you want beautiful legs, eat foods rich in the following minerals and vitamins.
- Vitamin E: This vitamin is a powerful antioxidant that reduces the risk of thrombosis. It is present in almonds and other nuts, as well as vegetable oils such as olive and walnut.
- Flavonoids: They fight inflammation by stimulating the contraction of veins and strengthening the walls of blood vessels. You can get flavonoids from grapes, black currants, blackberries, raspberries, kale, spinach, and broccoli.
- Potassium: Accumulation of salt in the body stops you from getting beautiful legs, but this element helps reduce its quantity in the body. You can get potassium by eating dried apricots, artichokes, asparagus, bananas, grapefruit, and apples.
- Vitamin C: It is an excellent antioxidant that is used for the production of collagen. It, in turn, is necessary for the elasticity of the skin. Any fresh fruits and vegetables are excellent sources of vitamin C.
3. Choose The Right Sport
In addition to nutrition, it is worth doing such physical exercises that affect blood circulation and tone the walls of blood vessels and muscles. First on your list should be at least 30 minutes of walking a day and at least three hours of full exercise per week.
You should focus on improving lymphatic circulation and metabolism in order to prevent the accumulation of harmful elements in the tissues. Cycling and dancing are also great exercises for this purpose. Choose swimming to build muscle and Pilates, and yoga for stretching.
However, you should avoid tennis or badminton, as well as skiing, martial arts, and team sports in particular, because there is a high risk of hitting the ground and serious injury.
4. Exercise For Legs
You will need at least 10 minutes a day for a few simple exercises.
- Stand up straight. Raise one leg forward, and then slowly bring it back. Try not to sway; keep your shoulders straight, and your stomach and buttocks pulled in. Start with ten wiggles and gradually work your way up to 30.
- Stand on your knees. Keep your back straight and parallel to the floor. Bring one leg back so that it continues the line of your back. Repeat the exercise 10 times on each leg.
- Stand straight with opened feet at a shoulder-length distance. Now stretch your arms forward and slowly bend one leg to lower your body as much as possible. Keep your back straight, pull in your stomach, and don’t pull your buttocks back. Repeat ten times on both sides.
5. Take A Cold Shower
Coldwater is great for the health and beauty of your legs. It narrows capillaries, activates blood circulation, stimulates tissues, and strengthens the skin. Of course, you shouldn’t sit in a cold bath. It will be enough to take a cold water shower only once or twice a week. Or you can just put cold water from the ankles to the thighs and vice versa.
If you have the opportunity to walk to the sea, even in bad weather, the cold salt water will help tone your legs. A minute session will be beneficial; just remember to bring a towel and warm clothes with you.
6. Massage Your Legs
To stimulate the lymphatic system and circulation, start by stroking from the ankles to the thighs. Pay special attention to the lower thighs, squeeze the skin with your hands and use circular motions to massage. Use essential oils, and don’t forget that the movements should be light and smooth, not painful.
7. Try Spa Treatments
Many beauty salons, hotels, and resorts offer packages of services that include water treatments, drainage, and sculpting massages, as well as pressotherapy, and much more. All of them are based on a combination of various methods that tone, moisturize, relax, improve blood circulation, and get rid of the first signs of aging.
Be sure to research and know who is performing the procedures and whether the service is certified at the salon before deciding to try it. If you find a certified salon, it is worth trying these spa treatments for getting toned legs.
In the summer season, we like wearing short clothes, most of which expose the legs. However, if you gained weight during the pandemic and are now worried about your legs, follow the tips mentioned above to get perfectly toned legs.