The two cosmetic treatments given through injections are- Botox and dermal fillers. The major plus point is that surgery is not involved in these treatments. You can easily take up botox and filler training courses from online resources to become certified in this field.
What are Botox and Dermal Fillers?
Botulinum toxin is usually known as Botox. It helps to block the action of some nerves. When the action of the affected nerve is interrupted, it becomes paralyzed for some time.
During this period, botox treatment helps to soften, reduce, or even remove wrinkles. It is also used to treat muscle dystonias and strabismus. When botox is injected into different points on the scalp, it helps to cure Migraines.
Dermal fillers are also called facial fillers. They are usually injected to add volume to saggy skin.
Botox and Filler Training
Most physicians take Botox and Filler training courses to learn the skills for opening their medical spa.
Training involves an investment of both time and money. Hence, it’s advisable to do some research before investing. These programs also teach the likely complications which one can face.
Botox and filler training courses teach you the full-fledged ways of handling different situations a practitioner may face during the treatment. Hence, it’s important to take these courses from a certified individual in the field of cosmetic medicine.
Various Skills You Can Develop from Certified Training
Proper training from a certified trainer will help you to develop skills for performing ‘The Botox and facial fillers’ treatment. There are few areas mentioned below where you will learn the required skills from the botox and filler training course-
1. Mechanisms of Materials Used in Treatment– Fillers are injected into the skin, especially during the liquid facelift. This is done to fill up wrinkles and facial lines. It also helps in re-contouring facial features and reducing saggy skin. Mostly the young generation uses Botox as an injectable along with dermal fillers.
With the help of training, you will learn which type of filler will be suitable for different skins. It is because fillers are made of different materials, and they may react differently with various skin.
Some fillers and material used in them are-
• Juvederm: This filler is made from hyaluronic acid. It keeps the skin hydrated and gives a smooth skin. It helps to remove facial wrinkles and folds.
• Restylane: It is also made from hyaluronic acid.
• Perlane: It is used for filling deep folds.
• Radiesse: This filler constitutes calcium-based microspheres. It offers immediate and extended results by stimulating collagen production and encouraging tissue regeneration. It is generally used to plump up the dark circles and increase the cheek.
2. How to Identify the Facial Expression Muscles –After getting the botox and filler training, you will develop the skill for recognizing the facial expression muscles and fat muscles. It is an important area to understand for practitioners because, based on it, they will determine the quantity of filler substance to be used.
3. How to Inject BotulinumToxin– There is a 1% chance that Botox treatment may fail. By taking the training, you will learn how to inject botulinum toxin safely and reduce the side effects. Some possible side effects which happen in Botox treatment:
• the drooping of the eyelid
• pain, bruising, numbness, or redness
• weakness or paralysis of nearby muscles
• hives, rashes, or itching
• gallbladder problems
4. How to Prevent and Manage Complications- There are many chances that you may face complications in any treatment. Similarly, as a practitioner, you may become anxious while facing dermal filler complications. The right training will teach you methods to prevent any issues and provide your customer with a corrective treatment whenever required.
Few Other Skills That Participants Will Acquire
• The certified participants will help analyze the physiology by keeping in mind the nerves and blood vessels associated with your facial muscles to avoid any accident during the treatment.
• You will become masters in identifying the facial muscles in terms of botulinum toxin with its correct usage.
• After identifying the facial muscles, they know the accurate botulinum toxin units, injected to give the best treatment.
• They can easily identify which part of the facial muscles require dermal fillers with their correct uses.
• After becoming certified, they give various filler dosages and injections according to the need of patients. Hence, the complications are much reduced during the whole process.
The primary motive of the comprehensive training program is to develop the required skills. This helps you to become a confident injector and practitioner.