Valentine’s Day is a time to celebrate romance and love and kissy-face fealty. But the origins of this festival of candy and cupids are actually dark, bloody — and a bit muddled. Here also you can find Valentine Day Week List 2020.
What is the real story of Valentine’s Day?
Though no one has pinpointed the exact origin of the holiday, one good place to start is ancient Rome, where men hit on women by, well, hitting them. In this post we also sharing valentine’s day week list with all lovers.
Those Wild And Crazy Romans
From Feb. 13 to 15, the Romans celebrated the feast of Lupercalia. The men sacrificed a goat and a dog, then whipped women with the hides of the animals they had just slain.
The Roman romantics “were drunk. They were naked,” says Noel Lenski, a historian at the University of Colorado at Boulder. Young women would actually line up for the men to hit them, Lenski says. They believed this would make them fertile.
The brutal fete included a matchmaking lottery, in which young men drew the names of women from a jar. The couple would then be, um, coupled up for the duration of the festival — or longer, if the match was right.
The ancient Romans may also be responsible for the name of our modern day of love. Emperor Claudius II executed two men — both named Valentine — on Feb. 14 of different years in the 3rd century A.D. Their martyrdom was honored by the Catholic Church with the celebration of St. Valentine’s Day.
Later, Pope Gelasius I muddled things in the 5th century by combining St. Valentine’s Day with Lupercalia to expel the pagan rituals. But the festival was more of a theatrical interpretation of what it had once been. Lenski adds, “It was a little more of a drunken revel, but the Christians put clothes back on it. That didn’t stop it from being a day of fertility and love.”
Find the below Valentine week list and about all. Here you can also know about 7th february to 14th february day name.
Valentine Day Week List 2020:
Hug Day, Kiss Day, Valentine’s Day And Other Days Of Love In February
Can you believe it, the entire week before Valentine’s day is dedicated to celebration of love, culminating to the greatest day for celebration of love, Valentine’s day! Take a look at the following Valentine Day Week List;
Which day is 7th feb to 14th feb?
7th February 2020, Friday – Rose Day
8th February 2020, Saturday – Propose Day
9th February 2020, Sunday – Chocolate Day
10th February 2020, Monday – Teddy Day
11th February 2020, Tuesday – Promise Day
12th February 2020, Wednesday – Hug Day
13th February 2020, Thursday – Kiss Day
14th February 2020, Friday – Valentine’s Day
15 February Day Name
Slap Day, It’s the principal day of the Anti-Valentine’s day and it begins with a slap after such mush and sentiment. It’s most likely possibly evident in the event that you had a pound who went out with you on Valentine’s Day and made you extremely upset the following day. Let activities express stronger than words this time
How do you celebrate Valentine’s Day?
Valentine’s Day is celebrated on February 14. It is a festival of romantic love and many people give cards, letters, flowers or presents to their spouse or partner. They may also arrange a romantic meal in a restaurant or night in a hotel. Common symbols of Valentine’s Day are hearts, red roses and Cupid.
Is Valentine’s Day a Public Holiday? Valentine’s Day is not a public holiday. Businesses have normal opening hours.
How to impress girlfriend’s on valentine’s day?
1: Respect her family:
2: Get Clean and Fit:
3: Cook a meal for her:
4: Take her opinions on Important matters:
5: Surprise her:
6: Compliment her:
7: Some quality time:
8: Show some ambition:
9: Visit her favourite place:
10: Down Situations:
11: Listen to her:
12: Don’t speak with other girls:
13: Don’t snoop her mobile:
14: Be Polite:
15: Celebrate special days:
Ideas to Impress Boyfriend on valentine’s day?
- Hide a love note in his wallet.
- Send a sweet text message for no reason at all.
- Send a sexy text message for a very good reason.
- Invite him on a date for a change.
- Let him talk without interrupting.
- Cook his favorite dinner.
- Make sure his favorite clothes are clean and ready to wear.
- Show interest in his work.
- Watch the whole game with him.
- Wear perfume.
- Laugh at his jokes, even the bad ones.
- Tell him he looks extra handsome.
- Let him enjoy his hobby guilt-free.
- Play songs you both loved when you were dating.
- Praise him in front of the kids.
- Praise him in front of his friends.
- Kiss him when he walks in the door.
- Kiss him when he walks out the door.
- Kiss him when he gets anywhere near the door.
- Let the kids eat in front of the TV one night and have a nice, adults only dinner.
- Let him make the call on parenting decisions without second guessing.
- Bring him breakfast in bed.
- Choose the pretty nightgown over the flannel PJ’s—even if it’s cold.
- Choose your birthday suit over the pretty nightgown.
- When you tell him you’ll do something, follow through.
- Offer a massage.
- Meet him at the door so that you can greet him before the children pile on.
- Send a text with just one word… “When?”
- Have supper going so the house smells great when he walks in.
- Light a candle in the bedroom.
- Buy him his favorite snack or beverage.
- Fix up a travel mug of coffee just the way he likes it before he heads out the door.
- Act like you’ve never heard his story before—even when you have.
- Tell him how proud he makes you.
- Hold his hand when he least expects it.
- Sit on his lap.
- Encourage him to do something with his friends.
- Let him roughhouse with the kids without scolding.
- Feel his muscles.
- Wink at him.
- Say, “Yes.”