If you are the type of person who can’t live without putting makeup on her face when going outside or you wear makeup every day at the office, you must not overlook the importance of makeup removal in your beauty regimen. Every day, our skin is working to regenerate itself to fight aging and combat the elements. The daily grind can cause pimples, blackheads, clogged pores, unwanted blemishes and spots, and endless problems that our skin has to deal with.
A good skin care regimen is your shield that reverses or blocks the effects of everyday skin damage. Now if you wear makeup on a daily basis with layers of foundation and concealer under that face, then a makeup remover should be an automatic remover that should be added within your everyday skin cleansing regimen. In this article, you will learn the importance of a makeup remover.
Why Should a Makeup Remover be a Key Component to Your Skincare?
The right skin care regimen can help you achieve a healthy, glowing, and a beautiful skin. Adding a makeup remover to your ritual can greatly enhance your everyday beauty care. With the right makeup remover, it can:
- Can instantly remove any cosmetic product on your face, impurities, dirt from your skin to reduce irritation
- Prevent the chance of unwanted appearance of blackheads or redness
- Eliminates dead skin for a renewed skin cells
- Stimulates micro-circulation due to the massage action
- Removes the layer of makeup so the skin can breathe
After cleansing your face well with a makeup remover then cleansing it afterward, you will see that your skin is refreshed, toned, and well-moisturized. Even if you wear just little makeup, you still need to apply makeup remover to completely remove any dirt in your face.
Before going to bed, no matter how tired you are, you must keep it a habit to always remove your makeup. When you try to make it a part of your routine in the evening, you are helping your skin to remove cosmetics and traces of pollution and impurities. If you have dry skin, refrain from overdoing it to avoid any irritation. After cleansing your face with your facial cleanser, apply moisturizer to keep your epidermis supple.
Regular soaps and shower gels that are used for the body should be avoided and should never be used on the face. There are special facial wash intended only for the face alone. Regular soaps can be too strong and it can damage the skin’s protective hydrolipidic barrier which will later make your face too dry.
How to use a makeup remover?
1. Get a cotton pad and pour a small quantity of makeup remover or a micellar water onto a cotton pad. There are some products that don’t need the use of cotton pad, just directly apply it to wet skin.
2. Always remember that your skin of your face should be treated gently. So avoid harsh rubbing. Just sweep the cotton pad over your face or lather the product using your fingers if you’re using a liquid cleanser.
3. Repeat until you can feel and see that your face is free from all the makeup.
4. If you’re done using the makeup remover and cleansing your face, you can take a clean and soft face cloth and rinse it under a hot water and use it to wipe away any impurities in case you feel that your face is not yet free from all the makeup.
5. After that, apply your toner with a cotton pad so your skin’s PH level balance may be restored and top it off with your moisturizer.
Trust me that your skin will be thanking you if you keep this a habit. Always try your best to do this no matter how tiring your day was. Don’t fall asleep with a pile of makeup on your face! The nighttime is where your skin regenerates and you want your face to be clean so it can completely restore itself. If you do sleep with makeup on, remember to remove your makeup the next morning so you can start the day with a fresh skin.
Author Bio: Ivandrea Ollero is a beauty fan and a makeup lover herself, she provides useful makeup techniques and skincare tips for enhancing the natural beauty of everyone. She is a daytime writer for Napoleon Perdis, one of Australia’s leading makeup and skincare brand.