If you’re like most people, then gift-giving can sometimes be a challenge. It can be a hassle to come up with a creative, thoughtful, and fun way to show your affection and admiration for someone in your life who means a lot to you. And the last thing you want is for your special someone to secretly not even like what you got them – yikes.
We’ll help you take some of the guesswork out of gift-giving with a few simple, effective, and totally unexpected gift ideas that will bring a smile to just about anyone’s face. Let’s take a look at our top 5 picks for amazing gifts.
An amazing planned night out
We know it sounds a little corny, but some of the best gifts in the world aren’t things – they’re experiences. Those days or nights you never forget, when you forgot about all your troubles and just focused on the fun of the moment: those can be incredible, and often totally unexpected, gifts.
So, what can you do for that special someone in your life to show them your love? Here are just a few ideas:
- Buy tickets to a concert they’ve wanted to see
- Get exclusive passes to a high-end nightclub for an extravagant adventure
- Plan a romantic picnic in a scenic location
- Design a custom bar crawl
- Plan an epic game night with all the snacks, drinks, and treats their heart could desire
- Try out an interesting novelty experience, like a tabletop roleplaying game or an escape room.
The options are endless; you just have to decide what your gift recipient would love most!
Surprise delivery to their doorstep
People love getting packages in the mail – especially ones they weren’t expecting. Surprise that important person in your life with an amazing delivery straight to their doorstep. It can be something as timeless and classic as a flower delivery, or something as extravagant as delivering them a whole cake! It’s totally up to you.
Here’s an especially fun idea for a significant other who lives far away: use a food delivery service to order them a plate from a local nice restaurant, and surprise them with the delivery! Then, you can get on a video call with them and have a romantic dinner for two even if you’re long distance.
Something they’ve been meaning to get for themselves
People often have items on their wish-list that they want to get for themselves but simply can’t justify the purchase for now. Why not make the decision a little easier for them by purchasing the item yourself and then giving it to them as a gift?
If you don’t know exactly what’s on their wish list, here are a few steps you can take that can help you find out:
- Get in touch with someone close to them or who lives with them – parents or a significant other are ideal.
- Let that person know it’s top secret, then ask them what your gift recipient has been wanting recently.
- If there’s no one else you can ask – say your gift recipient is your own parent, child, or your significant other – your next option is to simply listen very carefully and take not of whether your recipient needs anything.
- Once you find that special something they need, surprise them with it!
More often than not, they will be thrilled and not even realize that you knew they needed it.