Your oral health is one of crucial significance and it is primarily because your smile is the first thing that people in you and also because it has a great impact on your overall health.
A beautiful smile can work wonders and it is almost contagious. Research has brought to light the fact that just seeing your buddy smile can trigger the muscles in your face and make you smile.
Not only that, the very act of smiling can lift your mood even when you are feeling down. Since your smile is such a valuable asset, if you have stained or broken teeth or have bad breath,
Here are a few Oral Care Tips for Wonderful Smile.
Just take a look.
- Slow Down with the Brushing – The vigorous brushing can be done with the best intentions but brushing too hard can turn out to be harmful to the teeth. The forceful brushing can break the tooth enamel down and push the gums back. This makes it easier for the bacteria in giving rise to other harmful oral disorders and create cavities. You should use a brush with soft bristles and brush very slowly for a beautiful smile.
- Floss at Least Once Every Day – Brushing regularly helps to keep the cavities at bay. But it is not a holistic approach to clean the teeth. The brushing can clean the teeth surface but the same cannot be done for the spaces in between the teeth. Herein comes the requirement of flossing. It assists in getting rid of the food residues and other detrimental substances that are stuck in between the teeth. So if you really want to retain your smile, you should get int the habit of flossing at least once a day.
- Shun the Added Sugar – The sweet treats are all time favourites of kids as they set the taste buds ablaze. But just like the children, the bacteria also love the sugar. That is why studies have revealed that kids aged eight years or less must not consume more than 4 teaspoons of sugar per day while the kids and adults over 8 years of age should take no more than 8 teaspoons per day. You must be moderate while consuming sugar especially when you are determined to take care of your smile.
- Give Up Smoking – Your teeth get stained when you smoke a lot. The stain of smoking is usually a superficial one that you can polish off. But it can also seep deep into the enamel. The smoking can also damage the healthy gums that can cause them to create dark and large pockets around the teeth. The makes the teeth create the dark spaces in between and also look longer. The gum disease is also quite difficult to reverse when you smoke on a daily basis.
- Limit the Consumption of Alcohol and Sodas – You must also limit the intake of alcohol and soda. They consist of phosphorus which is an essential material for the healthy body. But excessive phosphorus is bad for the body. Too much phosphorus depletes the level of calcium in the body and can also cause the problems of dental hygiene like gum disease and tooth decay. Instead you should go for beverages that will build up the strength of the enamel and there is nothing better than water in this case. If you must take alcohol or sodas, you should consider taking it with a straw and avoid having the beverages in a way that can have direct contact with the teeth.
- Visit the Dentist on a Regular Basis – You should visit the dentist twice in every year and go for regular comprehensive dental check-up and thorough clean-up of your mouth. Your dentist can also suggest you a reputed cosmetic dentist in Delhi if you are not happy with the alignment of your smile or need a professional teeth whitening treatment or want to recover a chipped or decayed tooth. Any oral problem lurking in the mouth can also be identified this way and this will not only work wonders for your pearly whites but can also save you from a whole lot of oral problems in the long run.
The above are some of the major oral care tips that you should keep in mind and follow religiously for a wonderful smile.